Our cul de sac recently had a progressive dinner party. This is where each house on the cul de sac hosts for one course. Our house got appetizers which made me happy because I almost love appetizers more than entrees! Because I was preparing several appetizers I needed them to be quick and easy but also delicious. I am a fan of anything with cream cheese and could almost name it it’s own food group cheesecake, cheese poppers, and cream cheese dips so this sweet and spicy apricot spread was a must for my appetizer menu! (This will be the 1st in a mini-series of appetizers leading up to the Super Bowl.)
- 1 package Philadelphia cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Smuckers apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons Vita horseradish
- 1½ teaspoons ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place softened cream cheese on desired serving dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the preserves, horseradish, mustard, pepper, and garlic to blend thoroughly.
- Pour over cream cheese.
- Serve with crackers or ginger snaps.
This cream cheese dip was incredibly easy to do as it was just mixing a few ingredients in a bowl and then serving. The sweetness of the preserves was a great contrast to the spicy horseradish which complemented the cool cream cheese. I took their suggestion and served it with ginger snaps which really brought out all the flavors. It was also a hit at the party and there was almost none left! I can definitely see this dip becoming a go to for a quick appetizer and making another appearance at an upcoming Super Bowl party!