This is one of those simple dishes that you get enormous flavor bang for a few bucks of ingredients. As I was putting the ingredients in the crockpot I was thinking “Shouldn’t there be more to this?” but this Pork Chops In The Crock Pot recipe is beautiful in it’s simplicity and I think with just a minor adjustment or two this is a keeper.
- 1 Package Thick Cut Pork Chops (the thick cut will do best in slow cooker)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 10 oz can Chicken & Rice Soup
- ½ Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Pepper to taste
- Coat pork chops with flour.
- Spray skillet with non stick spray.
- Brown porkchops on both sides.
- Place porkchops in slow cooker.
- Add dry and canned soup mix, mustard, minced garlic, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cook on low for 4 hours for 2 pork chops or 6 hours for 4 pork chops.
Pin Points for This Recipe
1. I left off the salt that was in the original recipe- and it wound up being a good thing.
2. I definitely recommend using the lower sodium soup as my only complaint about this recipe was that the rice was a tad salty.
3. I added half a soup can of water to the recipe because there seemed to not be enough liquid to cook without burning with just the soup.
4. Definitely keep an eye on your cook time for this dish as I programmed my crock pot for 6 hours and they were a tad over done- but that’s a user problem not a recipe problem. I think they would have been perfect around 4-5 hours.
5. The two soups gave the pork chops a nice oniony flavor with a built in gravy.
This pork chops in the crock pot was so easy to get going- less than 10 minutes even with browning the pork chops and the salt factor is an easy fix. Could even be one you might have time to get going before heading to work. We are definitely keeping this one and will just make the minor adjustment next time. I heart easy slow cooker dinners.
Latest posts by Kathy Penney (see all)
- Meet the New Faces In the Kitchen - January 30, 2015
- Copy Cat Drive Thru Chicken Strip Sandwich with Homemade BBQ Sauce - January 29, 2015
- Sausage Pasta Bake - January 26, 2015